(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN) Several days of heavy rainfall are in the forecast, and more water over roadways is likely. Some roads are already covered, Rutherford County Sheriffs Office warns motors not to drive on roads that are covered with water.
Rising flood waters closed nine roads this afternoon in Rutherford County, the sheriff's office reported.
Sheriff's deputies ask drivers to be extra careful when driving with predicted flash flooding this week.
Roads closed include:
- Goochie Ford Road at the slab.
- Stones River Lane at the slab.
- Christiana-Fosterville Road and Highway 269 at the slab.
- Vaught Road at Cripple Creek Road.
- Powells Chapel Road at the bridge.
- Powells Chapel Road at the slab.
- Mt. Vernon Road at Highway 99 near Eagleville.
- Elam Mill Road at the slab.
- West Buckeye Road.
Roads with high water but passable with caution are:
- Epps Mill at Plainview Road.
- The 2300 block of Kingwood Road off state Route 96 West (Franklin Highway).
- Sulphur Springs Road near Buckeye Valley Road.
- Veals Road near Mt. Herman Road.
Roads considered impassable are:
- Shoemaker/Swamp Road at the bridge.
- One lane of Swamp Road and North Road near Eagleville.