Flash Fire In Home's Auto Shop Sunday

  Email   Print

Around 4:00 o'clock Sunday (12/3/2017) afternoon, the Rutherford County Fire and Rescue Department answered a call on Versailles Road. Reports indicate that a "flash fire" involving a truck that was inside a detached garage resulted in Henry Sharber being injured.

He was working on that truck when the acccident occured. He was taken to the ER at St. Thomas Rutherford Boulevard with cuts and burns on his arms.

The first responder on the scene reported that Sharber had hooked chains to the back of the blazing truck and managed to drag the vehicle out of the garage. The truck was a total loss.


Chief Larry Farley told NewsRadio WGNS, "Bystanders said the truck's owner was doing work on the engine and the fuel line when he dropped a hand held shop light. That caused a spark and ignited the truck."

Farley continued, "Upon arrival the truck was already fully involved and was sitting approximately 20 feet from a tank that held 2,000 gallons of propane. The Rutherford County Fire and Rescue Department crew pulled a line from the pumper and quickly cooled the propane tank which was smoking and showing signs of excessive heat. Once the gas tank was cooled, crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire itself."


Responding to Sunday afternoon's fire was Rutherford County Fire-Rescue Engine 51 and Tanker 51, along with volunteers from Almaville Fire Department.

No structures were damaged as a result of this incident.

Read more from:
Chief Larry Farley, flash fire, Henry Sharber, Rutherford County Fire & Rescue Department, Sunday, Versailles Road, WGNS
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: