Murfreesboro Medical Clinic is dedicated to the well-being of their well and sick patients. A release from MMC says they are working tirelessly to stay current with updates from the Tennessee Department of Health and CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). Currently, the clinic is continuing appointments as normal, however, they are working to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by taking the following steps:
- Currently, MMC is not routinely testing potential cases of COVID-19. As of Thursday (3/19/2020), they are asking all patients and visitors a short questionnaire and evaluating symptoms. From there they will evaluate if COVID-19 testing is necessary. Resources for testing are extremely limited. As a result MMC is only testing those that meet the recommended CDC guidelines to be tested. MMC hope's that in the coming weeks they will be able to provide more broad-based testing to our patients and community.
- If patients or visitors are symptomatic when they arrive at the clinic for any appointment, lab work or imaging, they will be issued and required to wear a mask at all times. When entering the clinic, staff may be seen wearing a mask. This is a measure put in place to protect patients and staff.
- MMC is asking that patients refrain from bringing any nonessential visitors to the clinic. This is for the safety of patients and staff.
- Patients who are in a higher risk category - age 70 and up, or immunocompromised (weakened immune system) - and have previously scheduled appointments or procedures are encouraged to contact their provider (via MMC & Me Online PatientPortal or call) to discuss potential alternative options.
- MMC is working to rapidly implement telemedicine capabilities. As of Thursday (3/19/2020), they have limited capacity to conduct some types of appointments through telemedicine (videoconferencing). Please contact your provider to see if they are able to conduct video visits. This will hopefully be more widespread in the coming days. Note, this will be considered an official visit with your provider.
- Right now MMC reports they know of no antiviral treatment for COVID-19*. For mild symptoms it is recommended to self-isolate unless you are experiencing a medical emergency.
*See fact sheet from CDC for more information: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and you
- As of Thursday, symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or sore throat. [LINK]
- Are you at Higher Risk according to the CDC?
- To stay up to date with the latest information from the CDC, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Read more on the MMC page: https://www.mmclinic.com/www/blog/viewpost/203#Start .