MTSU's Department of Art and Design welcomes the return of its Art Scholarship Sale November 28 & 29 2017 (this Tuesday and Wednesday), from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The sale, first begun in 2008 as an effort to raise funds for student scholarships within the department, will be held this year in the Atrium of the MTSU Student Union.
This year the sale will feature one-of-a-kind greeting cards, letterpress prints, and mixed media work created by Art students and faculty alike. Other works included in the sale have been donated by staff, alumni, friends, and supporters.
The sale of each piece will be equally split between the donor artist and a scholarship designated by that artist.
"This is our eighth outing to further fund Art and Design Scholarships to benefit current and future students. We're confident the sale's move to the Student Union will be a positive experience for all involved," said recently appointed Department of Art & Design Chair Nicole Foran.
Current art scholarships include:
• Hester Rogers Ray Scholarship for art-education students;
• Charles Massey Scholarship for second-semester studio-art majors;
• Dr. Charles Brandon Scholarship for studio-art majors;
• John and Elva Griffin Scholarship for incoming freshmen majoring in art;
• Jill Montgomery Scholarship for art-history majors;
• David Ledoux Scholarship for studio-art majors;
• Graphic Design Scholarship for graphic-design majors;
• Lon Nuell Scholarship for incoming freshmen majoring in art; and
• Department of Art Scholarships for art majors.
For additional information or to donate funds to a scholarship supported by this sale contact Eric Snyder at 898-5532 or Denise Harris at 898-2455.
The Art Scholarship Sale will be held at the Atrium of MTSU's Student Union, Tuesday and Wednesday, November 28-29, 2017. Sale hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. For parking, directions, or other questions: 615-898-5532 or 615-898-2455.