Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 1 and 2 responded to a machine fire at 1307 Rutledge Way (Paulo Products) just after 1:30 Monday afternoon.
Engine 3 and Rescue 9 were also dispatched, but were later canceled. Upon arrival, crews discovered a moderate amount of smoke coming from a piece of machinery that was attached to the rear left side of the building.
The smoke was coming from a “wheelabrator” which is used to separate dust from metal shavings. The piece of equipment was smoldering and crews were able to extinguish the fire with minimal damage.
The building remained unharmed in the incident, but due to a moderate amount of smoke that entered the structure, all employees were evacuated. No injuries were associated with this incident.
According to Assistant Fire Marshal Tracy Summar the fire was determined to be an accidental equipment fire.
Ashley McDonald, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue PIO