This Tuesday's meeting is hosted by the Murfreesboro Art League, and their gallery at Cannonsburgh Village will be open for gathering.
Tuesday's meeting in the Lions Club building will include:
- time to network and share your arts-related news;
- a short presentation from our hosts, Murfreesboro Art League, and Cannonsburgh staff
- and an update on Alliance business including upcoming election for officers.
Some parking is available in front of the Lions Club building; a large lot is also behind the Lions Club building and accessible from Front Street.
Do you or your organization have an artistic event or opportunity to promote? Bring flyers or business cards! We'll have a table especially for connecting creatives.
Performing Arts Center
Part of the group's plans call for a 35-acre Middle Tennessee Arts and Performance Center that hopefully will be near the interstate. Initial architectural renderings show the local center to be larger than TPAC in Nashville.
The facility will have two indoor performance theaters. One is a 3,500 seat auditorium as well as an adjacent 1,500 seat facility. The auditoriums will also be used by schools as their place for high school graduations.
In addition, there will be a massive outdoor amphitheater along with an art gallery and museum.
The proposed complex will incorporate a two-story Home of American Music Museum. It will include Uncle Dave Macon as well as all types of music and the history of the local musicians. It will show the visual and aural history of this area. This alone is expected to be a major tourist draw for the community.
Upcoming meeting schedule
- Tuesday, June 11th at 4:00 PM at MT Center @ Ingram Building, MTSU
Hosted by College of Liberal Arts and MTSU Arts
- Tuesday, July 9th at 4:00 PM at Murfreesboro Little Theatre
- Tuesday, August 13th at 4:00 PM at Science Building, MTSU
Hosted by School of Concrete and Construction Management
Visit their website: rutherfordartsalliance.org