The City of La Vergne is proud to announce that Anna Grace Smith was crowned Miss La Vergne 2013 on Saturday, September 7, 2013. Maddie Smith was crowned Junior Miss La Vergne, Sarah Beshara was crowned Young Miss La Vergne, and Lyndi Ann Hampton was crowned Little Miss La Vergne.
The phases of the competition included personality, confidence, eye contact and smile, response to interview question, stage presentation, and overall appearance. These young ladies will represent the City of La Vergne at community events and functions throughout the year, including during the Old Timers Festival parade at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 14.
“This year’s pageant was full of wonderful, poised young ladies. Judging would be very difficult because every girl is truly a princess in our eyes,” said Mayor Senna Mosley. “I am excited to say that this year we had sibling winners, Anna Grace and Maddie Smith. Another fun outcome is that Junior Miss Maddie Smith was our first ever Young Miss La Vergne winner in our 2011 pageant.”
Miss La Vergne
- Queen: Anna Grace Smith, 14
- First Runner Up: Jade Essence Lawson, 16
- Second Runner Up: Destiny Amber Owens, 17
- Third Runner Up: Destiny Luz-Mariah Cruzado-Acosta, 17
Junior Miss La Vergne
- Queen Maddie Smith, 11
- First Runner Up: Alexzandria Johnson, 13
- Second Runner Up: Miranda Laurent, 12
- Third Runner Up: Emily Kelly Bowe, 12
Young Miss La Vergne
- Queen: Sarah Beshara, 10
- First Runner Up: Riley Grace Hayes, 9
- Second Runner Up: Amiah Jenkins, 9
- Third Runner Up: Naomi Ora Laurent, 10
Little Miss La Vergne
- Queen Lyndi Ann Hampton, 6
- First Runner Up: Brooklynn Trinity Shaffer, 6
- Second Runner Up: Brylee Faith Durham, 5
- Third Runner Up: Brianna Williams, 7
The city’s first-ever Baby Contest is scheduled Sunday, September 15 at 2:00 p.m. It will be held on the community stage during the Old Timers Festival at Veterans Memorial Park. Registration is $20 and onsite registration will be permitted.