Have you visited the Rutherford County Library System's latest branch--the Technology Engagement Center (TEC) at 306 Minerva Drive. They're getting getting ready to celebrate the 7th birthday of the Raspberry Pi microcomputer.
Members of the public are invited to join the TEC's Raspberry JAM, celebrating the Raspberry Pi microcomputer's 7th birthday throughout the month of March. Three events are scheduled, all are free and open to the public. By the way, the TEC is next to Hobgood Elementary School and behind Murfreesboro Fire Hall #3.
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a monitor or TV and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
The events at the TEC will be:
● Saturday, 3/2: Basic Raspberry Pi introduction & workshop
● Thursday, 3/14 (Pi Day) : Demo Arcade 3- 7 p.m.
● Saturday, 3/30: Intermediate Raspberry Pi workshops Please check the library website for exact times of workshops. Patrons are urged to bring their own project to share! No registration is needed.
These events are All-ages and Free. The Technology Engagement Center is located on Minerva Drive at Jupiter Place, on the campus of Hobgood Elementary School. For more information about Raspberry Pi, visit: www.raspberrypi.org and Raspberry Pi Community.
The Rutherford County Library System encourages you to use all branches:
- Linebaugh Public Library is located at 105 W. Vine St. in Murfreesboro.
- Smyrna Public Library is located at 400 Enon Springs Rd. West in Smyrna.
- Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library is located at 317 Hwy 99E in Eagleville.
- MGL Library is located inside Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd. in Murfreesboro.
- The Technology Engagement Center (TEC) is located at 306 Minerva Dr. in Murfreesboro.
Explore, Imagine, Engage through the Rutherford County Library System. For more information, call 615-225-8312 or visit www.rclstn.org.