Alive Hospice broke ground on a new ten bed facility this past August and the foundation and framing is nearly complete. President and CEO of Alive Hospice Anna-Gene O'Neal told WGNS when they expect to have their first patient...
While they plan to open with ten patient rooms, there is room for expansion...
Dr. Liz Rhea took part in the construction tour at the Alive Hospice site behind Murfreesboro Medical Clinic on Wednesday....
Again, the first patient will likely be admitted in June of 2017.
Fact and Figures: The Residence at Alive Hospice - Murfreesboro
- Architect: Earl Swensson Associates
- General Contractor: Turner Construction
- Square footage: 20,000+ square feet of space dedicated to hospice care and grief support
- Freestanding, single-story building
- Facility will eliminate long commutes to and from Nashville
- 10 large patient rooms with immediate ability to expand to 16 rooms with minimal expense (although still requiring Certificate of Need approval from the State of Tennessee for additional rooms)
- Covered entryway
- Commercial kitchen and dining room
- Picturesque courtyard
- Family gathering rooms
- Quiet space
- Skylights (to let in plenty of natural light)
- Expanded grief support center
- 1,000 square feet of community space for events