Thu, Jul 20, 2017


Baird Lane Fire Started in the Garage (With Pictures)

  Email   Print


Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Fire Marshal’s Office was back on the scene at 810 South Baird Lane Wednesday morning to conclude a fire investigation.

MFRD crews arrived on scene Tuesday morning to find flames shooting from the front, left side of the home. The fire quickly spread into the attic and had to be ventilated through the roof. A heavy fire load made it difficult for firefighters to extinguish.  

The home received heavy smoke, fire, and water damage and made it unlivable for the two residents, a mother and son. The American Red Cross is currently assisting the family with living arrangements.

According to Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Bartlett, lead fire investigator on this case, the fire was determined to be accidental and electrical in nature. “It appears that the fire started in the electric panel box in the garage, which had been converted into a storage area,” Bartlett said.

“The family was very fortunate to make it out of the home,” Bartlett added.  


James Willis contributed information and photos to this report.


Related Articles
Read more from:
Baird Lane, fire, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue, Murfreesboro news, WGNS
  Email   Print

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: