MTSU Receives Over $30K In Historic Grants

Jul 29, 2011 at 06:23 am by bryan

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and the Tennessee Historical Commission announced  Historic Preservation Fund grants for 28 community organizations for programs and activities that support the preservation of historic and archaeological sites, districts and structures. 
Here in Rutherford County, Middle Tennessee State University received over $30,000 in those grants that pay for up to 60 percent of the costs of approved project work and the grant recipient must provide the remaining 40 percent of the costs as matching funds.
Middle Tennessee State University – $12,675 for the creation of a comprehensive radiocarbon-based chronology for prehistoric shell-bearing sites along the Middle Cumberland River. The project also will include National Register documentation.  
Middle Tennessee State University / Department of Geography - $20,000 to digitize data for historic and architectural survey files.
Sections: News