Friends of United Way,
It's hard to believe that in less than two weeks we have been faced with the destruction of the tornados throughout middle Tennessee and now the development of COVID-19 throughout the country.
We have established an opportunity to give related to COVID-19 relief. Donated funds received will provide additional support to those who may be out of work or have additional basic needs at this time. 100% of funds raised for COVID-19 relief will be used for:
- "ALICE" (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) families with children
- Workers with reduced wages
- People who do not have the resources they need to stay safe and well
- People who need up-to-date information on how to connect to resources
- People who need assistance with basic human services/needs
- Other target areas, as assessed
You may give through the following methods:
- Text COVIDRelief to 41444
- Online at http://igfn.us/form/8K0qNQ
- By check to P.O. Box 330056, Murfreesboro, TN 37133 (please write COVIDRelief on memo line)
Those in need of assistance are encouraged to contact United Way's 2-1-1 information and referral line by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-318-9335.
Due to closings at the Smyrna and Lavergne Library and Patterson Park, United Way's VITA (Volunteer Tax Income Assistant) program has been suspended until further notice. Visit 211.org or yourlocaluw.org for the most recent updates.