(MURFREESBORO) "Hot time..." goes the song and describes the mood a motorists and construction collide. Murfreesboro Transportation's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran warns where to avoid between today and August 8, 2020.
City Construction Projects
Right Turn Lane Improvement Work (Robert Rose Dr at Thompson Ln)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Contractor for the City of Murfreesboro will be making right turn lane improvements on Robert Rose Dr at Thompson Ln. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Underground Utility Installation Work (Sulphur Springs Rd at Northfield Blvd)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm: Contractor for a private development will be performing underground utility work on Northfield Blvd near Sulphur Spring Rd. Eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place. Westbound traffic will not be affected
Traffic Signal Installation and Signal Pole Painting Work
- Memorial Blvd & Kings Ridge Dr
- Memorial Blvd and Eleanor Dr
- Broad St at Maney Ave
- S Church St at Warrior Dr
Expected Lane Closures: Sunday through Thursday, Night time work: 8:30 pm to 6:00 pm: City Traffic Signal contractor will be installing traffic signal loops on Memorial Blvd and the downtown area. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Turn Lane Installation Work (Old Fort Pkwy Frontage Rd adjacent to Chick Fil A)
Expected Lane Closures: Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm: Contractor for a private development will be installing turn lanes on the Frontage Rd at Chick Fil A. The Frontage Rd will be closed to through traffic. Access to Verizon will be kept open and access to Chick Fil A will be directed from the new back entrance from the shopping center. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be installing stamped concrete and performing drainage work at the following streets:
- Medical Center Pkwy at Thompson Ln (stamped sidewalk installation work)
- Arnold Rd (drainage Work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24 SMART Corridor
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closure between MM 55-80 for barrier rail relocation.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The construction of pedestrian facilities on SR 10 Memorial Blvd from DeJarnette Ln to Thompson Ln in Murfreesboro
- Daily, 8:00AM-3:30PM, There will be a right lane closure in both direction to excavate and install sidewalk. One to two lanes will remain open at all times.
- Nightly, 8:00PM-5:00AM, There will be alternating lane closures at DeJarnette Ln for curb ramp island construction.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 99 (New Salem Hwy) resurfacing from Cason Lane to I-24
- Daily, 9AM-4PM, There will be intermittent lane closure in both directions between the intersection of Warrior Dr and the intersection of Cason Ln on SR 99 for utility and construction work. One lane will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Overhead Sign Replacement on I-24
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures in both direction at MM 80 (New Salem Hwy) pour median footer.