Murfreesboro,TN - Special Kids Therapy and Nursing Center will host their annual banquet as a “virtual event” for the first time on Thursday, September 3rd. All proceeds will go to benefit the non-profit’s work in serving local children with special needs. Supporters / guests are asked to RSVP by Monday, August 31.
Because of the adjustment to make this year’s Special Kids Banquet an online event, prices for “virtual seats” and “virtual tables” have been lowered.
In honor of the banquet’s 2020 theme, “Brave”, organizers will be celebrating the courageousness of the many who devote themselves to the service of others.
Supporters that would like to donate additional funds to match “typical” seat and table costs can do so while checking out.
Learn more HERE.
Below are answers to some of the questions that supporters may have about the virtual banquet this year:
- How does a virtual banquet work? Your virtual ticket gives you access to the Special Kids virtual banquet and dinner provided by Chick-Fil-A Murfreesboro. A link to access the virtual banquet will be sent to you the week of the banquet along with information of when and where to pick up your dinner.
- What's included with a virtual seat? Your virtual seat includes one meal, one ticket to their first ever virtual banquet and access to the silent auction. If you purchased a virtual table, you will receive eight virtual seats.
- What is a virtual table? A virtual table includes eight individual tickets to give to whomever you choose: family, coworkers, neighbors - even those living outside of the Murfreesboro area that would like to enjoy this event!
- How does a virtual banquet work? Your virtual ticket gives you access to the virtual banquet and dinner provided by Chick-fil-A of Murfreesboro. A link to access the virtual banquet will be sent to you the week of banquet.
- How do I get my dinner? Your dinner will be available at Belle Aire Baptist Church (1307 N Rutherford Boulevard, Murfreesboro, TN) from 4-5:30 pm the day of banquet (Thursday, September 3). Special Kids will prepare a "drive thru" lane available for supporters to swing by and pick up your dinner along with other goodies on your way home to watch and enjoy banquet from home!
- How do my guests get their dinner? Staff will reach out to each guest prior to the banquet to get the names of any additional guests that will be picking up their meal.
- How do I invite others to banquet? Click here to see an invitation you can send to friends. Closer to the banquet Special Kids will send you a link to access the banquet virtually. Each table host will be responsible for sharing the link with their attendees.
How does the silent auction work? The silent auction will feature some amazing items graciously donated by the community partners! Before the week of banquet, each attendee will be sent a link to the website hosting the silent auction. During the week leading up to banquet, you'll have plenty of time to browse items and place bids. All bids will be accepted until 8 PM the night of the banquet (Thursday, September 3).
NOTE: While ticket prices have been reduced in light of changing the event to an online event rather than in-person, supporters are asked to consider making a donation to the local non-profit.