No matter what your back-to-school looks like, the Rutherford County Library System (RCLS) is there to help you! They have five branches and a bookmobile.
As this unusual school year begins, your local library system has much to offer:
- Meeting Spaces: Reservations can currently be made online at rclstn.org for meeting spaces at Linebaugh and TEC branch libraries. Most rooms come with large screen TVs and hookups for laptops to host virtual sessions or in-person meetings within the Phase Two guidelines for social distancing. The MGL branch library in Patterson Park and the TEC will also provide student learning stations. Call those locations for more information.
- WiFi and Hotspots: WiFi is free throughout our RCLS libraries. Reserve and check out a mobile hotspot for $5 per week, with your library card.
- A Huge Collection of Materials: RCLS has over 200,000 items in our collection, plus over one million digital items. Check out books, videos, audio and download e-books, e-audio and music with your library card.
- Online Resources: Visit rclstn.org to find free digital resources for homework help, research papers, language learning, test prep, and more.
- Virtual Programming: Computer classes, story times and more to support teachers, learners, and parents.
- Tutoring Space: Most RCLS libraries have tables and designated areas for one-on-one or small group learning.
FREE LIBRARY CARD
To get a free library card, stop by any of our five branches and sign up. All you need is a photo ID with your current address, or a piece of mail with the current address, if your ID is not up-to-date. Children under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian with them to get a card.
ON-LINE ONLY CARDS AVAILABLE
If you only need a card for online use, get an e-card via our website: rclstn.org. Click on the e-card icon and sign up. Make sure to write down the number, as you won’t receive a physical card. You can always update that e-card to a "full-service" card anytime by coming into one of our branches.
To share your ideas on how we can help or ask questions, contact your local Rutherford County Library System branch library.
- Linebaugh Public Library, 105 W. Vine St. (Murfreesboro) Phone: 615-893-4131
- The Technology Engagement Center, 306 Minerva Drive (Murfreesboro) Phone: 615-225-8312
- MGL Library, Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd. (Murfreesboro) Phone: 615-907-7120.
- Smyrna Public Library, 400 Enon Springs Rd. West (Smyrna) Phone: 615-459-4884.
- Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library, 317 Hwy 99E (Eagleville) Phone: 615-274-2626.
Explore, Imagine, Engage through RCLS. For more information, call 615-893-4131 or visit www.rclstn.org.