(MURFREESBORO) Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue responded to a "smell of smoke" call to Ashley Furniture Company around 12:25PM Sunday (8/9/2020) afternoon.
Ladder 4 was the first to arrive at 460 Thompson Lane, and firefighters confirmed the strong smell of smoke that appeared to be coming from the AC unit on the roof.
When the first unit rolled onto the scene, all of the customers and employees at Ashley Furniture were already evacuated from the structure.
Crews from ladder truck 11 climbed to the roof and discovered a faulty heating and air conditioner unit. They shut that one system down, and the store's management put a call into an HVAC repair firm.
Firefighters remained on-the-scene to make certain all was well, and in about a half-hour the customers and employees returned into the furniture store.
There was no damage to the building and no injuries were reported.