The State of Tennessee deployed urban search and rescue resources to Florida today to support emergency officials and the on-going Hurricane Sally response.
• Murfreesboro Fire Department
• Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management
• Franklin Fire Department
• Nashville Fire Department
• Brentwood Fire Department
• Williamson County Emergency Management Agency
• Metro Nashville Public Works
• Metro Nashville Police Department
The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) is coordinating Tennessee’s Hurricane Sally deployments through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC). The task force will deploy for 14 days.
Hurricane Sally made landfall early this morning near Gulf Shores, Alabama as a Category 2 hurricane. This storm brings a significant threat of catastrophic flooding, storm surge, and high winds.