(Oct. 12 - Dec. 31, 2020) The City of Murfreesboro's CURBSIDE LEAF PICK-UP. The Murfreesboro Streets and Solid Waste departments will once again team-up for the eighth consecutive year with a combined system to improve service and efficiencies for the City and its customers. The goal is to cover the City twice as fast. Best Practice for collecting yard trimmings for curbside pick-up is to bag them in biodegradable paper bags available at your local grocery or hardware store. Leaves can be loosely piled, but should not cover or clog storm sewers.
- DO NOT combine large tree limbs and leaves; place leaves in separate piles parallel to the street.
- DO NOT place yard trimmings and leaf collection in ditches around or on top of structures such as mailboxes, fences, meter lids, utility lines, utility poles, etc.
- DO NOT place grass clippings and leaf collection in the street as this is a traffic hazard.
- DO NOT place foreign debris such as lumber, household trash, and other types of debris in your leaf pile. It will not be picked up if found.
- DO NOT set clippings or leaves in vacant lots or on vacant properties. This is illegal dumping
- DO NOT place loose leaves under low-lying power lines and cable lines to allow room for the boom to work.
- DO NOT park a vehicle near the leaf pile during daylight hours.
Murfreesboro Citizens who prefer to remove their own grass clippings, limbs and brush rather than leave it curbside can utilize the Yard Waste Collection & Mulching Facility located at 4735 Florence Road, Murfreesboro, 37129. The Yard Waste Collection Facility is normally open for yard waste drop off Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.