In the city limits of Murfreesboro, there were over 30 auto accidents reported between 6AM and 11AM on Monday morning. The accidents were due to the icy road conditions that will likely worsen within in the next 24-hours.
In addition to roads throughout the city, there have been a large number of crashes on Interstate 24, due to ice.
There are areas of ice on bridges, overpasses and multiple roadways across Murfreesboro.
Murfreesboro street crews and TDOT have worked together to salt a large number of roads, but motorists should continue to use caution as sleet and freezing temperatures will continue.
A few of the many problem roadways:
- Barfield Road at Veterans Parkway
- Elam between Joe B. Jackson and County Farm Road
- Northfield Blvd. at N. Tennessee Blvd.
- Blue Raider Bridge
- Medical Center Pkwy
- Rutherford Blvd at Chandler Dr.
- Memorial Blvd, especially near Dejarnette
- 500 Block Fortress Blvd.
- Blaze Dr. in front of Fire Station 11
- N. Rutherford Blvd. at Norris
- Entire S. Church Street