Pothole repair continues, as a result of the recent ice and snow that hit Middle Tennessee.
• MURFREESBORO: To report a pothole in the City of Murfreesboro, call 615-893-4380.
• SMYRNA: To report a pothole in the Town of Smyrna, call 615-459-9766.
• LAVERGNE: To report potholes in The City of LaVergne, call 615-793-9891.
• RUTHERFORD CO: To report potholes on Rutherford County roads, call 615-898-7856.
STATE OF TN: Multiple TDOT crews will be patching potholes over the next few weeks. Cold mix asphalt is currently being used for repairs. Some asphalt plants will open during the day and allow crews to use hot mix for a more permanent repair. But, it may be spring or early summer before more permanent repairs are made. Full scale paving may be necessary in many locations. Some TDOT crews will be assigned to interstates while others will focus on state routes.
TDOT does not count potholes, keep a tally of how many potholes have been repaired or the cost of repairs per pothole. These repairs are part of normal highway maintenance operations.
Motorists should be prepared for short term traffic delays during these repair operations. While every effort will be made to perform repairs during off-peak travel times (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. weekdays), some lane closures may extend into the late afternoon, evening, and weekends.
See a pothole on a state highway or interstate? Notify TDOT by using this form: https://www.tn.gov/tdot/maintenance/maintenance-request.html
Previous Pothole News Stories:
• City of LaVergne: HERE
• City of Murfreesboro: HERE