GUEST: Megan Hutchings, Angie Ezell and Melissa Cross - Development & Marketing Director
QUICK LIST OF SHOW DETAILS:
Drive ReStore Donation Day, March 20: (1st day of spring!) at Furniture Innovation: 1208 East Northfield Blvd, Murfreesboro. 10 am – 1 pm.
- People can drive up w/ donations of household goods - volunteers will take donations and put into the ReStore truck. Low/NO contact to be COVID-19 safe.
- Furniture Innovation will have refreshments inside
- FREE goody bags for all.
- Thrivent Financial (sponsor) is offering free virtual workshop on “How to be wise with money when considering buying, selling, and owning a home.”
- Webinar attendees can win a chance to donate $250 to the organization of choice (church, school, Habitat, etc.)
- ALL donations to the ReStore are sold and find new homes – keeping them out of landfills!
ALL Proceeds help to build affordable housing for Rutherford County residents!
New ReStore Manager: Jerry Ladd will be joining the Habitat team as the new ReStore Manager. TODAY is his FIRST DAY on the job (Tuesday, March 2, 2021).
Earth Day 2021: Events to participate in at the store and virtually.
• The ReStore keeps over 560 TONS of materials out of area landfills annually.
• ReStore Encourage others to repurpose: find new ways to use items such as an old-style “entertainment center,” meant for large TVs – use it as a home office, a kitchen hutch, a linen closet or a bar!
Online ReStore: NEW Online ReStore has several select items - shop 24/7 from the comfort of their home! https://rchfhrestore.com/
Women Build: 2021 Women Build has started and construction of a Habitat house for Future Homeowner Sabrina continues through May. NO volunteers on the construction site for now, due to COVID-19, but there are ways to be a “Virtual Volunteer”! Donate in someone’s name, like their mother for Mother’s Day!
Women Build page: http://www.rchfh.org/2021-women-build/
Cost of Home: Habitat campaign to advocate for affordable housing. (which we desperately need in Rutherford County since the real estate boom has driven up costs of home and there are not even many affordable rental properties!)
• Did you know: 1 in 6 U.S. households pay more than HALF or more of their income on housing! Typical rental rates in Rutherford County are $1000-$1500/month.
• Habitat monthly mortgages for families program are about $700!!
Legacy Pointe Update: Completed 4 beautiful homes and those families are moving in now. Next 3 homes starting construction, one of which is “Sabrina’s Women Build” house.
Other Future homeowners:
• Penny, retired and always dreamed of owning her own home, now a reality.
• Sung and UK and their 4 children. They escaped extreme poverty in Southeast Asia. Very hard working family and the husband is an electrician who extremely thankful.
“Unity” Panel Build: Saturday, July 25. Spear-headed by 1st Cumberland Presbyterian Church and the Murfreesboro Muslim Youth group, Groups / Sponsors: Thrivent Financial, Bob Lamb’s Exit Realty. Volunteers will build a Habitat house in just 5 hours!! (the walls) They’ll work hand-in-hand with Future Homeowner Desmond, who is a single father with four children under 6! (including triplets!).
LOCATION OF STORE in MURFREESBORO:
Habitat for Humanity (Re-Store)
Address: 850 Mercury Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: (615) 849-5994