Gas prices on Monday (6/21/2021) in Rutherford County are only slightly lower to start this week...
Example of Pricing in Rutherford County (06/21/21):
• LA VERGNE: Walmart at 5155 Murfreesboro Rd. $2.57/gal
• LA VERGNE: Marathon at 5207 Murfreesboro Rd. $2.65/gal
• SMYRNA: CITGO at 251 N Lowry St. $2.68/gal
• SMYRNA: Circle K at 796 Nissan Dr. $2.58/gal
• MURFREESBORO: Dodge's Store at 510 NW Broad St. $2.75/gal
• MURFREESBORO: 7-Eleven at 1209 Medical Cntr Pkwy. $2.79/gal
Tennessee gas prices have fallen 2.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.82/g today, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Gas prices in Tennessee are 4.1 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand 95.8 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee is priced at $2.49/g today while the most expensive is $3.49/g, a difference of 100.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $2.49/g while the highest is $3.49/g, a difference of 100.0 cents per gallon.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 2.1 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.05/g today. The national average is up 2.0 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 93.5 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
Historical gasoline prices in Tennessee and the US (10-Years Back) Average:
- June 21, 2020: $1.87/g (U.S. Average: $2.12/g)
- June 21, 2019: $2.32/g (U.S. Average: $2.65/g)
- June 21, 2018: $2.59/g (U.S. Average: $2.86/g)
- June 21, 2017: $2.02/g (U.S. Average: $2.28/g)
- June 21, 2016: $2.11/g (U.S. Average: $2.32/g)
- June 21, 2015: $2.57/g (U.S. Average: $2.80/g)
- June 21, 2014: $3.47/g (U.S. Average: $3.68/g)
- June 21, 2013: $3.34/g (U.S. Average: $3.59/g)
- June 21, 2012: $3.14/g (U.S. Average: $3.46/g)
- June 21, 2011: $3.44/g (U.S. Average: $3.63/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga- $2.73/g, down 3.7 cents per gallon from last week's $2.77/g.
• Nashville- $2.85/g, down 4.6 cents per gallon from last week's $2.89/g.
• Huntsville- $2.76/g, down 2.7 cents per gallon from last week's $2.78/g.
"The ferocious rise in gas prices has finally started to cool as gas prices have eased across a majority of the country for the first time in months," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "There have been some challenges in pockets across the country as demand remains very healthy, and stations in some areas where demand is very high struggle to keep up with demand thanks to the truck driver shortage. As we head toward the July 4 holiday, I'm optimistic that we'll continue to see prices slowly drift lower before possibly rising in later July or August should we see any disruptions from hurricane season. But for now it seems most Americans are simply happy to be getting outside and back to some sense of normal."
SOURCE: Gas Buddy.com