The impact that COVID-19 has had on the mental well-being of many has been tough, to say the least.
Dr. Mike Courtney works as a counselor at Branches Counseling Center in Murfreesboro. He told WGNS News that the COVID Pandemic has taken a toll on the well being of many.
Over the next few years, more studies and reports will likely be released that will better detail how the Pandemic took a toll on thousands.
Hear the entire interview with Dr. Mike Courtney HERE.
Stress can cause the following (CDC):
• Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration
• Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interests
• Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
• Difficulty sleeping or nightmares
• Physical reactions, such as headaches, body pains, stomach problems, and skin rashes
• Worsening of chronic health problems
• Worsening of mental health conditions
• Increased use of tobacco, alcohol, and other substances
If you need help or someone to speak with about mental health concerns, call Branches Counseling Center at 615-904-7170 today.