Tennessee gas prices have risen 2.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.87/g today, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Gas prices in Tennessee are 1 cent per gallon higher than a month ago and stand 98.4 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
Rutherford County Area (Various Gas Stations - Reg./gal.) 08/02/2021:
• Mystik: 229 N Lowry St., Smyrna, TN / $2.79 gal
• Circle K: 796 Nissan Dr., Smyrna, TN / $2.80 gal
• Sam's Club: 125 John R. Rice Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN / $2.55 gal
• Uncle Sandy's 2019 S. Church St., Murfreesboro, TN / $2.79 gal
• Exxon: 104 Fergus Rd., La Vergne, TN / $2.75 gal
• Marathon: 5207 Murfreesboro Rd., La Vergne, TN / $2.79 gal
• Sky Grove: 8351 Horton Hwy, College Grove, TN / $2.79 gal
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee is priced at $2.09/g today while the most expensive is $3.59/g, a difference of $1.50/g. The lowest price in the state today is $2.09/g while the highest is $3.59/g, a difference of $1.50/g.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 1.7 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.16/g today. The national average is up 3.8 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 98.2 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
Historic TN Gas Prices and National Average going back 10-Years:
• August 2, 2020: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.17/g)
• August 2, 2019: $2.42/g (U.S. Average: $2.71/g)
• August 2, 2018: $2.63/g (U.S. Average: $2.87/g)
• August 2, 2017: $2.09/g (U.S. Average: $2.33/g)
• August 2, 2016: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.11/g)
• August 2, 2015: $2.36/g (U.S. Average: $2.65/g)
• August 2, 2014: $3.27/g (U.S. Average: $3.50/g)
• August 2, 2013: $3.39/g (U.S. Average: $3.62/g)
• August 2, 2012: $3.33/g (U.S. Average: $3.53/g)
• August 2, 2011: $3.57/g (U.S. Average: $3.70/g)
See Average Prices for regular unleaded across the United States HERE.
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga- $2.84/g, up 8.5 cents per gallon from last week's $2.76/g.
- Nashville- $2.94/g, up 7.0 cents per gallon from last week's $2.87/g.
- Huntsville- $2.80/g, up 0.3 cents per gallon from last week's $2.80/g.
"The downward move in the national average last week was short-lived with the national average rebounding last week on continued strong gasoline demand in the U.S. which has pushed oil prices back up after a brief lull," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "According to GasBuddy data, demand last week set another 2021 high, eclipsing the previous week's record as we head into the prime of the summer driving season. For the next week or two, we may continue to see gas prices inch higher, but once schools begin re-opening and vacation season ends, we'll likely see demand trail off, allowing for gas prices to decline gently heading into Labor Day."
GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey covering credit card transactions at 100,000 stations and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on 7,000 gas stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://FuelInsights.GasBuddy.c