As the annual ‘Imagine A Day Without Water’ Campaign is quickly approaching, the Murfreesboro Water Resources Community Affairs Department (MWRDCA) is excited to announce their first ever Imagine A Day Without Wat
It is important for the youth of today to know The Value of Water and how important it is to act in preserving our most precious resource.
“No water to drink or wash your hands with. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or do laundry. Hospitals would close without water. Firefighters couldn't put out fires and farmers couldn't water their crops. Disease and viruses would spread.”
This year’s campaign is an effort to encourage students to acknowledge their environmental footprint, and to ultimately promote change in the future of water and wastewater infrastructure. There is no new water in our world. If we fall short of our most valuable natural resource, what would we do? Could you imagine a day without wate
Scroll down for more...
A Few Details About the Imagine A Day Without Wate
• Artwork must include, depict, represent, or convey the message of 1 of 3 themes: The Value of Water, Water/Wastewater Infrastructure, and/or Imagine A Day Without Water.
• To be eligible, each entrant must currently attend a Rutherford County or City of Murfreesboro private high school (Grade levels 9-12).
• Artwork must be attached to the fully completed entry form, either in-office at 300 NW Broad Street, Murfreesboro, TN, 37130 or online at www.murfreesborotn.gov/
• Winning submissions will be chosen by a Judging Committee by October 21.
• A total of $400 will be rewarded; One winner from each grade category (9-12) will receive a $100 gift, a certificate for participation, and a custom MWRDCA Imagine A Day Without Water T-shirt.
• This contest is sponsored by the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department-Community Affairs Division.
• For more information, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov/