Tennessee gas prices have fallen 1.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.10/g today, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee.
Despite the slight fall in prices between last week and this week, fuel prices are higher this month when compared to October. In fact, gas prices in Tennessee are 5.2 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand $1.26/g higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee is priced at $2.86/g today while the most expensive is $3.49/g, a difference of 63.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $2.86/g while the highest is $3.49/g, a difference of 63.0 cents per gallon.
Rutherford County Area (11/15/21):
• Speedway (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.99/gal
• Shell (Murfreesboro, TN) $3.20/gal
• Murphy USA (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.82/gal
• MAPCO Mart (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.93/gal
• RaceTrac (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.92/gal
• MAPCO Mart (Smyrna, TN) $3.07/gal
• Murphy USA (Smyrna, TN) $3.00/gal
• Shell (Smyrna, TN) $3.08/gal
• RaceTrac (Smyrna, TN) $3.07/gal
• Mapco (LaVergne, TN)$3.07/gal
• BP (Antioch, TN) $3.03/gal
Scroll down for a look back (comparison) over the past 10-years on this day in history for gas pricing...
Gas Prices in Tennessee
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 2.6 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.40/g today. The national average is up 9.5 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands $1.28/g higher than a year ago.
Historical gas prices in Tennessee and national average going back 10-years:
• November 15, 2020: $1.84/g (U.S. Average: $2.12/g)
• November 15, 2019: $2.30/g (U.S. Average: $2.61/g)
• November 15, 2018: $2.42/g (U.S. Average: $2.65/g)
• November 15, 2017: $2.31/g (U.S. Average: $2.57/g)
• November 15, 2016: $1.99/g (U.S. Average: $2.14/g)
• November 15, 2015: $1.98/g (U.S. Average: $2.16/g)
• November 15, 2014: $2.67/g (U.S. Average: $2.89/g)
• November 15, 2013: $3.04/g (U.S. Average: $3.19/g)
• November 15, 2012: $3.15/g (U.S. Average: $3.43/g)
• November 15, 2011: $3.23/g (U.S. Average: $3.41/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga- $3.07/g, down 4.7 cents per gallon from last week's $3.12/g.
- Nashville- $3.14/g, down 2.0 cents per gallon from last week's $3.16/g.
- Huntsville- $3.15/g, down 2.1 cents per gallon from last week's $3.17/g.
"As of Sunday evening, the national average price of gasoline posted its first weekly decline in months. As the price of oil continues to struggle, Covid cases flare up and anxiety over demand starts rising, motorists are likely to see the declines continuing into this week," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "While it's not known how long market conditions will continue to push gas prices down, it appears that the fall should last through Thanksgiving, just in time for millions of Americans to prepare to hit the road for the holiday. However, the damage may already be done. According to GasBuddy's Thanksgiving Travel Survey, being released tomorrow, a significant portion of Americans say the high gas prices already led them to re-think their plans."
GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey covering credit card transactions at 100,000 stations and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on 7,000 gas stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country.
GasBuddy data is accessible at http://FuelInsights.GasBuddy.c