Rutherford County Schools will once again offer free Accelerated Learning Camps this summer for students in grades K-8, and high school credit recovery and traditional summer school will also be available.
In summer 2021, more than 6,000 students benefited from the K-8 summer camps, and more than 1,000 high school credits were earned through the credit-recovery program offered at high schools.
Additional information will soon be released to parents about student participation and selection.
K-5 Summer Camp (Locations in BOLD -June 3-30 7:30-1:30 Monday-Friday)
1. Christiana Elementary - Buchanan and Plainview Elementary
2. Brown's Chapel Elementary - Blackman Elementary
3. Rock Springs Elementary - Cedar Grove Elementary
4. Smyrna Elementary - John Colemon Elementary
5. Lascassas Elementary - Walter Hill, Wison, and Kittrell Elementary
6. Roy Waldron Elementary - LaVergne Lake Elementary
7. Barfield Elementary - Eagleville (K-5) and Rockvale Elementary
8. Stewarts Creek Elementary - Stewartsboro Elementary
9. Rocky Fork Elementary - Smyrna Primary and David Youree Elementary
***Students who attend McFadden, Campus School, Thurman Francis, and RCS Virtual School will attend their zoned summer camp site.
Scroll down for more....
6-8 Summer Camp (Locations in BOLD -June 3-30 8:30-2:30 Monday-Friday)
1. LaVergne Middle - Rock Springs Middle
2. Blackman Middle - Rockvale Middle and Eagleville (grades 6-8)
3. Stewarts Creek Middle - Rocky Fork Middle and Smyrna Middle
4. Siegel Middle - Oakland Middle
5. Whitworth Buchanan Middle - Christiana Middle
***Students who attend Thurman Francis and RCS Virtual School will attend their zoned summer camp site.
9-12 Summer School - Blackman High
- 1st Semester - June 2-24
- 2nd Semester - June 27-July 22
- Morning Session - 7:30-11:00
- Afternoon Session - 12:00-3:30
***Additionally, all comprehensive high schools (BHS, LHS, OHS, RHS, RVHS, SIHS, SHS, SCHS) will host credit recovery for those students who qualify from June 2-24.
- Morning Session - 8:00-11:00
- Afternoon Session - 12:00-3:00