(MURFREESBORO) The spring weather is becoming more consistent and Transportation Department's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran notes that more construction jobs will go "full speed ahead". He warns motorists of potential traffic challenge areas today through March 26, 2022.
City Construction Projects
Old Pinnacle Building Demolition Work (N Maple St at W College St)
Expected No Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Site construction work continues. College St east of Maple St will be closed for paving operations. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
Dr Martin Luther King Jr Sidewalk Improvement Project (SE Broad St and Middle Tennessee Blvd)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm: Construction crews will be installing sidewalk and traffic signal improvements along the north side of MLK Blvd. Westbound traffic between Middle Tennessee Blvd and SE Broad will be reduced from two lane to one lane. Eastbound traffic will not be affected. There will be right lane closures at MLK Blvd and Middle Tennessee Blvd. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Bilbro Ave between Minor St and Castle St (curb repair work)
- Goldvalley Dr (curb repair work)
- Greenland Dr between Middle Tennessee Blvd and Scotland Dr (plating and casting work)
- Fortress Blvd and Franklin Rd (HC ramp and sidewalk work)
- Brinkley Rd between Manson Pike and Hannah Dr (pavement markings work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).
- Thurs., 3/17 9 a.m. continuously until Wed., 3/23 2:30 p.m. There will be flagging operations and short duration closures (5-10 min) for beam setting operations at bridge over Stones River. Gils Street will be closed at its intersection with SR 266 for utility line installations. A signed detour will be provided.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
Emergency In place paving
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures for milling and paving activities to repair damaged sections of asphalt. One lane will remain open at all times. (mm 89 – 97)