Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have fallen 2.0 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $4.01/g today, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Prices in Tennessee are 56.8 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand $1.38/g higher than a year ago.
Gas prices in the Rutherford County area are down, as seen in the below prices throughout the county...
Murfreesboro, TN Gas Prices (a sample of random gas stations on 03/28/22):
• Sam's Club (125 John R. Rice Blvd) $3.79/gal
• COSTCO (1524 Beasie Rd) $3.79/gal
• Dodge's Store (510 NW Broad St) $3.87/gal
Smyrna, TN Gas Prices (a sample of random gas stations on 03/28/22):
• Thorntons (300 Sam Ridley Pkwy E) $3.85/gal
• Kroger Fuel Center (463 Sam Ridley Pkwy W) $3.95/gal
• Murphy USA (584 Enon Springs Rd E) $3.85/gal
LaVergne, TN Gas Prices (a sample of random gas stations on 03/28/22):
• Walmart (5515 Murfreesboro Rd) $3.94/gal
• MOBIL (5540 Murfreesboro Rd) $3.96/gal
• Exxon (104 Fergus Rd) $3.96/gal
Scroll down to see a comparison of prices and the rise in prices over the past 10-years...
Rutherford County and Tennessee Gas Prices - Continued...
The national average price of gasoline is unchanged in the last week, averaging $4.23/g today. The national average is up 62.4 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands $1.38/g higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
Historical gasoline prices in TN and the U.S. average going back 10-years:
• March 28, 2021: $2.64/g (U.S. Average: $2.84/g)
• March 28, 2020: $1.73/g (U.S. Average: $1.98/g)
• March 28, 2019: $2.46/g (U.S. Average: $2.70/g)
• March 28, 2018: $2.45/g (U.S. Average: $2.64/g)
• March 28, 2017: $2.03/g (U.S. Average: $2.29/g)
• March 28, 2016: $1.90/g (U.S. Average: $2.04/g)
• March 28, 2015: $2.14/g (U.S. Average: $2.43/g)
• March 28, 2014: $3.32/g (U.S. Average: $3.53/g)
• March 28, 2013: $3.43/g (U.S. Average: $3.64/g)
• March 28, 2012: $3.74/g (U.S. Average: $3.92/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga - $3.95/g, down 3.5 cents per gallon from last week's $3.98/g.
• Nashville - $4.06/g, down 1.4 cents per gallon from last week's $4.08/g.
• Huntsville - $3.97/g, down 4.0 cents per gallon from last week's $4.01/g.
Gas Prices in Tennessee and more - Continued...
“The decline we've seen in average gas prices has been slowing down, as oil prices have held above $100 after declining under that level as recently as a few weeks ago. For the near future, we’ll see a mix of slight decreases and some potential increases mixed in. California markets should finally cool off and areas could even move lower in Southern California, while the Great Lakes could see gas prices jump up after having fallen for the last week or so," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "While the national average should start to stabilize for the time being, there's no telling what's around the corner, at least for now, as the volatility in oil prices persists."
Source: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on a small fraction of U.S. gasoline stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at G.