Murfreesboro - Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have fallen 5.4 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.96/g today, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Prices in Tennessee are 21.5 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand $1.29/g higher than a year ago.
• Sam's Club (125 John R Rice Blvd) $3.65/gal
• COSTCO (1524 Beasie Rd) $3.65/gal
• Exxon (4106 Franklin Rd) $3.85/gal
Smyrna, TN Gas Prices (Examples for Monday - 04/04/22):
• Murphy USA (584 Enon Springs Rd E) $3.79/gal
• Kroger (463 Sam Ridley Pkwy W) $3.95/gal
LaVergne, TN Gas Prices (Examples for Monday – 04/04/22):
• Pilot (535 Waldron Rd) $3.89/gal
• Walmart (5515 Murfreesboro Rd) $3.89/gal
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee was priced at $3.45/g yesterday while the most expensive was $4.99/g, a difference of $1.54/g. The lowest price in the state yesterday was $3.45/g while the highest was $4.99/g, a difference of $1.54/g.
Scroll down to see a 10-year price comparison of gas in Tennessee…
10-Year gas price comparison – Continued…
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 5.4 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $4.17/g today. The national average is up 25.5 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands $1.31/g higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
Historical gasoline prices in TN and the U.S. average going back 10- years:
• April 4, 2021: $2.67/g (U.S. Average: $2.86/g)
• April 4, 2020: $1.66/g (U.S. Average: $1.90/g)
• April 4, 2019: $2.50/g (U.S. Average: $2.73/g)
• April 4, 2018: $2.46/g (U.S. Average: $2.66/g)
• April 4, 2017: $2.11/g (U.S. Average: $2.35/g)
• April 4, 2016: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.06/g)
• April 4, 2015: $2.12/g (U.S. Average: $2.39/g)
• April 4, 2014: $3.39/g (U.S. Average: $3.57/g)
• April 4, 2013: $3.41/g (U.S. Average: $3.63/g)
• April 4, 2012: $3.77/g (U.S. Average: $3.93/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga- $3.89/g, down 5.9 cents per gallon from last week's $3.95/g.
• Nashville- $4.01/g, down 5.7 cents per gallon from last week's $4.06/g.
• Huntsville- $3.92/g, down 5.3 cents per gallon from last week's $3.97/g.
“Oil prices fell last week as Covid cases in China surged, prompting restrictions on movements and hurting oil demand. Meanwhile, President Biden's announcement that the U.S. would be releasing 180 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve caused an even further decline in oil, leading gas prices in nearly all areas of the country to fall over the last week," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "So long as oil prices remain under $100 per barrel and there's no escalations in Russia's war on Ukraine, we may be poised to see gas prices decline again this week as the U.S. and other countries try to raise oil supply to tip prices lower."
Source: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on a small fraction of U.S. gasoline stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.