Murfreesboro, TN – Fleet Feet, the local retail leader in building and supporting the Murfreesboro running community, will participate in the brand's largest nationally coordinated running event. The Big Run is a celebration of running to take place on Global Running Day, June 1. Together, we will run and honor Miles Tate who left footsteps across the nation.
Miles Tate and running - the subjects go hand in hand. In addition to successfully completing 50 full marathons, he and his family founded the Murfreesboro Half Marathon. Miles and his wife Melinda were married for 41-years.
Fleet Feet is partnering with the City of Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation as a part of the Better Boro Project. The Big Run welcomes runners and walkers of all ages, levels and abilities. This will be a timed, certified 5K race.
Proceeds to benefit the MTSU Melinda and Miles Tate Scholarship.
Details for this event include:
• TIMED CERTIFIED COURSE
• $25 REGISTRATION INCLUDES RACE SHIRT AND MEDAL
• 6:30PM START TIME AT GATEWAY ISLAND ON THE GREENWAY
• LOCAL VENDORS, RAFFLE PRIZES, MUSIC AND FAMILY FUN
- Those who run are invited to post photos of their run on social media with the hashtag of "Miles for Miles," #milesforMiles.
For more information, visit fleetfeetmurfreesboro.com.
• See photos of a recent community run for Miles Tate that took place on Friday, April 8, 2022 HERE.