MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — The Murfreesboro City Council is meeting in a Regular Workshop on Wednesday (April 13, 2022) at the Municipal Airport Business Center. The purpose of the workshop is to discuss a number of issues with key leaders who are employees of the Murfreesboro government.
Another item to be addressed focuses on parking in downtown Murfreesboro, which will continue to be a growing concern as the historic square see’s new development.
As many realize, contractors are in the midst of building a new mixed-use development on the grounds of what was once First United Methodist Church. As agreed, designers have incorporated the original First Methodist Church copula into construction plans.
Once complete, the new structure labeled One East College will include 156 residential units, a 110-room hotel, office space, retail stores and restaurants, and a 600+ car parking garage to help alleviate parking woes with new residents and visitors. The development covers a little more than 2-acres at the intersection of North Church and East College Streets.
The Parks Group is already leasing office space for the structure that has yet to be built. Office space is renting for $27-per-square-foot in the future building.
City officials believe the mixed-use structure is already spurring new interest in downtown Murfreesboro, which will equal more growth in the retail and residential sector.
Scroll down for more...
Wednesday Meeting - Continued...
More Workshop Items:
• Development Impact Fees (Administration)
• Broad Street Redevelopment (Administration)
• Downtown Parking and Mobility Study Progress Update (Transportation)
• FY23 Rate Review in Conjunction with FY26 Pro Forma (Water Resources)
• Review Solid Waste 10-yr Plan Update and FY35 Pro Forma (Water Resources)
• Cityworks Asset Management System (AMS) Implementation (Water Resources)
• February Dashboard Information (Administration)
Wednesday (Murfreesboro City Council Workshop):
Location: Murfreesboro Municipal Airport - Community Room
1930 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN
Date / Time: Meeting on Wednesday (04/13/22) at 11:30AM