Rutherford County, Tenn. - Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have risen 18.0 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $4.07/g today, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Prices in Tennessee are 17.9 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand $1.39/g higher than a year ago. The price of diesel has risen 22.6 cents nationally in the past week and stands at $5.518 per gallon.
Murfreesboro, TN Example Prices on Monday (5/9/22):
Circle K (1702 S. Rutherford Blvd.) $3.77/g
Costco (1524 Beasie Rd) $3.77/g
Exxon (3208 S. Church St) $3.89/g
Smyrna, TN Example Prices on Monday (5/9/22):
Speedway (8281 Tridon Dr) $3.94/g
RaceTrac (1770 Lee Victory Pkwy) $3.94/g
CITGO (251 N Lowry St) $4.05/g
La Vergne, TN Example Prices on Monday (5/9/22):
Mobil (5540 Murfreesboro Rd) $3.79/g
Walmart (5515 Murfreesboro Rd) $3.79/g
Shell (415 Old Nashville Hwy) $4.09/g
BELOW - By comparison, below are gas prices
in Rutherford County, TN last Monday (05/02/22):
• Sam's Club (125 John R. Rice Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN) $3.55/g (05/02)
• COSTCO (1524 Beasie Rd, Murfreesboro, TN) $3.55/g (05/02)
• Dodge's Store (510 NW Broad St, Murfreesboro, TN) $3.67/g (05/02)
• Murphy USA (2435 Billy Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN) $3.74/g (05/02)
• Circle K (796 Nissan Dr, Smyrna, TN) $3.62/g (05/02)
• CITGO (251 N Lowry St, Smyrna, TN) $3.69/g (05/02)
• MOBIL (5540 Murfreesboro Rd, LaVergne, TN) $3.58/g (05/02)
• Walmart (5515 Murfreesboro Rd, LaVergne, TN) $3.58/g (05/02)
• MAPCO (558 Waldron Rd, LaVergne, TN) $3.72/g (05/02)
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee was priced at $3.58/g yesterday while the most expensive was $4.79/g, a difference of $1.21/g. The lowest price in the state yesterday was $3.58/g while the highest was $4.79/g, a difference of $1.21/g.
Scroll down to look at the national average and state average of gas prices this month, going back ten years in Tennessee...
A look at the national average and state average of gas prices this month, going back ten years in Tennessee...
The national average price of gasoline has risen 13.6 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $4.31/g today. The national average is up 19.6 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands $1.36/g higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
Historical gasoline prices in TN and the U.S. average going back 10-years:
• May 9, 2021: $2.68/g (U.S. Average: $2.95/g)
• May 9, 2020: $1.55/g (U.S. Average: $1.84/g)
• May 9, 2019: $2.57/g (U.S. Average: $2.87/g)
• May 9, 2018: $2.58/g (U.S. Average: $2.84/g)
• May 9, 2017: $2.08/g (U.S. Average: $2.33/g)
• May 9, 2016: $2.05/g (U.S. Average: $2.21/g)
• May 9, 2015: $2.41/g (U.S. Average: $2.66/g)
• May 9, 2014: $3.47/g (U.S. Average: $3.67/g)
• May 9, 2013: $3.25/g (U.S. Average: $3.55/g)
• May 9, 2012: $3.53/g (U.S. Average: $3.74/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga- $3.97/g, up 17.1 cents per gallon from last week's $3.80/g.
• Nashville- $4.11/g, up 21.6 cents per gallon from last week's $3.89/g.
• Huntsville- $4.00/g, up 18.6 cents per gallon from last week's $3.82/g.
Gas Prices and Diesel
“Gasoline and diesel prices alike saw strong upward momentum last week as oil prices continued to climb after the EU signaled its desire to sanction Russian oil. In addition, U.S. petroleum inventories saw yet another weekly decline as we near the start of summer driving season," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "Not only are diesel prices at a record high, they are at their largest differential to gasoline on record, surpassing the 98-cent difference in 2008 and currently standing at a $1.20 per gallon premium. While motorists filling with gasoline have seen a slight rise in prices, diesel's surge will be a double whammy as diesel prices will soon be passed along to retail channels, further pushing up the cost of goods."
SOURCE: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on a small fraction of U.S. gasoline stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.