Tennessee Department of Health and Substance Abuse has announced that last month’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day in Tennessee collected over 18,000 pounds of prescription medication by 102 participating agencies.
Drop-Off Locations in the Rutherford County Area:
• Rutherford County Sheriff Department (940 New Salem Highway, Murfreesboro, TN): Hours: 24 hours a day, 7/ Days-week
• Walgreens (106 W Northfield Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN) Hours: 24 hours a day /7/Days-week
• Smyrna Police Department (400 Enon Springs Road East, Smyrna, TN) Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm / Mon–Fri
• LaVergne Police Department (5093 Murfreesboro Road, LaVergne, TN) Hours: 24 hours a day / 7 Days-week
• Woodbury Police Department (965 West Main St, Woodbury, TN) Hours: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm / 7 Days-week
• Chapel Hill Police Department (965 West Main St, Chapel Hill, TN) Hours: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm / Mon-Fri
Check the Prescription drug take-back map to find your closest take-back location. Please contact facility prior to drop off to confirm guidelines.
Safe At-Home Disposal: Do not flush or pour medications down the drain. Remove medication from original packaging and mix with an undesirable substance such kitty litter or used coffee grounds. Place the mixture in a bag and throw in your trash container. Remove and destroy any personal information on the empty medicine container and recycle the empty container.