(MURFREESBORO) Hot times create hot tempers, add construction to the mix--and you have road problems. Murfreesboro Transportation's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran offers this road news covering today through July 18, 2022.
City Construction Projects:
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
AT&T Utility Work (N Academy St and E College St)
Expected Lane Closures: Wednesday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm: AT&T utility construction crews will be working at the AT&T manhole at the intersection of N Academy St and E College St. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Atmos Energy Utility Work (SR 99 at Veterans Pkwy)
Expected No Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm: Atmos utility construction crews will be working along SR 99 near Veterans Pkwy. There will be minor traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Turn Lane Improvement Work (SR 96 at Veterans Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: As part of private development, construction crews will be working along SR 96 at Veterans Pkwy. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects:
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Bell St between Crestland Ave and Hale Ave (culvert replacement work)
- Walter Have Ct (paving and pavement marking work)
- University St between College St & Lytle St and Vine St & Sevier St (sidewalk repair work)
- NW Broad St and Vine St (sidewalk replacement work)
- Chaffin Pl ( turn lane and traffic signal improvements)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects (Source: TDOT)
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).
- Daily, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24
The resurfacing on I-24 from Baker Road - east of Medical Center Pkwy. MM 70 - 80
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures EB and WB for milling operations. Three lanes will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 1
The resurfacing on US-41 (SR-1) -east of South Rutherford Blvd and west of Cripple Creek.
- Daily, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures for milling activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
RUTHERFORD SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures to restriping pavement markings from Bridge Avenue to Old Fort Pkwy. This restriping is needed to implement long term lane closures for phased construction. Expect lane closures on W Main St at SR 99 on Thursday and Friday for storm drain installation.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 10 / US 231
The resurfacing of SR10 (US 231) from SR269 (L.M. 4.29) - north of Volunteer Road (L.M. 8.63)
- Daily, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., (Excl. holiday restrictions) There will be lane closures both NB and SB for milling and paving operations. One lane to remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840 / I-24
- Thurs. and Fri., 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a single lane closure to remove vegetation that is encroaching the travel lanes at Exit 53A. One lane will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840 / SR1
Milling and Paving Bridge Ends
- Thursday, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., The Ramp from I-840 EB to SR1 NB will be closed to mill and pave bridge ends. Message boards will be utilized for a detour.