(MURFREESBORO) It's that exciting season change time of the year. Murfreesboro Transportation Department's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran checks his computer and lets motorists know of areas motorists may wish to avoid between today and August 6, 2022.
City Construction Projects
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
Turn Lane Improvement Work (SR 96 at Veterans Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: As part of private development, construction crews will be working along SR 96 at Veterans Pkwy. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Turn Lane Improvement Work (Manchester Pike just north of Joe B Jackson Pkwy)
Expected No Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm: As part of private development, construction crews will be working along on both sides of Manchester Pike just north of Joe B Jackson. There will be minor traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place
Brinkley Rd Improvement Project (between Blaze Dr and Timber Creek Dr)
Expected Road Closures: Monday and Tuesday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: As part of bridge construction work, Brinkley Rd will be closed intermittently to through traffic between Blaze Dr and Timber Creek Dr. Appropriate traffic detours will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving/Improvement Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Bell St between Crestland Ave and Hale Ave (culvert replacement work)
- Chaffin Pl ( turn lane and traffic signal improvements)
- Crown Ct near Palace Pl (road repairs)
- Maplegrove Dr, Vine St at University (sidewalk improvements)
- Cason Ln between Veterans Pkwy and New Salem Hwy (pavement marking work)
- Kings Ridge Dr (school zone light installation work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).
- Daily, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24
The resurfacing on I-24 from near Baker Road to east of Medical Center Pkwy. MM 70 - 80
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures EB and WB for milling operations. Three lanes will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 1
The resurfacing on US-41 (SR-1) from East of South Rutherford Blvd to west of Cripple Creek.
- Daily, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures for milling activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
RUTHERFORD SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures to restriping pavement markings from Bridge Avenue to Old Fort Pkwy. This restriping is needed to implement long term lane closures for phased construction. Wednesday through Friday, W Main St will be closed at SR 99 for waterline and stormwater pipe installation.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 10 / US 231
The resurfacing of SR10 (US 231) from SR269 (L.M. 4.29) to North of Volunteer Road (L.M. 8.63)
- Daily, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., There will be lane closures both NB and SB for milling and paving operations. One lane to remain open at all times.