MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – WGNS has an update regarding a murder investigation that is under the direction of the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.
According to authorities, 54-Year-old Jeffery Hayden Burris of Christiana is accused of killing 58-year-old Clarence “Bluker” Rowden, III on July 6, 2022. Rutherford County District Attorney Jennings Jones told WGNS… Burris and Rowden lived just a few houses apart on Panther Creek Road in Christiana. Rowden lived in the 7600 block of Panther Creek Road, while Burris lived in the 7300 block.
Rowden, a recent retiree from Nissan, was shot outside of his own home. The victim's wife reportedly phoned 9-1-1 after the suspect fired several rounds, according to detectives. Paramedics arrived minutes later and attempted to save Rowden, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Few details have been released, but the Sheriff's Office previously confirmed that Burris was still on the scene when they arrived. He was detained and ultimately arrested for killing Rowden.
Again, Burris will appear in General Sessions Court on November 7th.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Shelbyville Murder Case - Read More
- Secrets and What Should be Released by the U.S. Government and What is Released - Read More
- Murfreesboro Airport to Host STEAM Festival this Month - Read More
- White Supremacists Intended Confederate Memorials to Shape Future Generations - Read More
- Tuesday is the Last Day to Register to Vote in Nov. 8th Election - Read More
- Rutherford County Sheriff's Office Holds Mock Chemical Spill Drill - Read More