(Rutherford County, TN) Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have fallen 9.8 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.72/g today, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Prices in Tennessee are 47.2 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand 26.3 cents per gallon lower than a year ago. Prices for fuel in Tennessee make the Volunteer State the 6th least expensive state to refuel in. The national average price of diesel has fallen 14.1 cents in the last week and stands at $4.77 per gallon.
In Rutherford County, gas prices are an average of $2.46 per gallon for regular unleaded, which makes Murfreesboro, Smyrna and LaVergne prices at the pump the cheapest in the immediate area. Neighboring Bedford County is charging $2.52 per gallon, $2.56 in Coffee County $2.69 in Cannon County, $2.53 in Wilson County, $2.66 in Marshal County, $3.04 per gallon in Williamson and $2.52 per gallon in Davidson County.
Across the state, GasBuddy price reports show the cheapest gas station in Tennessee was priced at $2.27/g on Sunday while the most expensive was $3.99 per gallon, a difference of $1.72/g. Today, Rutherford County as a whole has the lowest average price on fuel in the entire state of Tennessee.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 11.9 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.09/g today. The national average is down 57.1 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 20.0 cents per gallon lower than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
- December 19, 2021: $2.98/g (U.S. Average: $3.29/g)
- December 19, 2020: $1.94/g (U.S. Average: $2.22/g)
- December 19, 2019: $2.29/g (U.S. Average: $2.56/g)
- December 19, 2018: $2.07/g (U.S. Average: $2.37/g)
- December 19, 2017: $2.18/g (U.S. Average: $2.42/g)
- December 19, 2016: $2.06/g (U.S. Average: $2.25/g)
- December 19, 2015: $1.79/g (U.S. Average: $2.00/g)
- December 19, 2014: $2.28/g (U.S. Average: $2.44/g)
- December 19, 2013: $3.05/g (U.S. Average: $3.20/g)
- December 19, 2012: $3.02/g (U.S. Average: $3.22/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga- $2.63/g, down 9.0 cents per gallon from last week's $2.72/g.
- Nashville- $2.65/g, down 8.4 cents per gallon from last week's $2.73/g.
- Huntsville- $2.76/g, down 10.0 cents per gallon from last week's $2.86/g.
"The national average for a gallon of gasoline is down nearly $2 compared to six months ago, and heading into Christmas travel week, is at its lowest in a year and a half, saving Americans some $750 million every day," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "While the decline should take the national average under $3 per gallon in the next week or so, it is soon likely to fade as oil prices have held in the $70 per barrel range. But while the declines for gasoline may fade, diesel prices still have considerable ground to cover, and could fall another 50 cents or more in the weeks ahead. Fuel prices across the board have been plunging back into territory more Americans feel is normal, which could certainly boost economic sentiment going forward."
Source: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data. GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.