The National Weather Service Winter Weather Advisory that impacts Rutherford and surrounding counties highlights temperatures dropping into the single digits and warns of gusty wind speeds, which lead to windchills between negative 15-degrees and negative 25-degrees between now and Monday. The advisory warns residents that such cold windchills can lead to hypothermia and frostbite to exposed skin within as little as 30-minutes of exposure.
The weather service also highlighted the possibility of power outages and frozen water pipes stating, “Such a rapid temperature drop combined with gusty winds up to 40 mph could cause exposed or unprotected pipes to rupture, as well as result in isolated power outages.” With that in mind, WGNS spoke to Terry Bauer, owner of Bauer Plumbing Services about what-to-do to keep your pipes from freezing… Again, leaving your faucet at a drip is not enough waterflow to keep your pipes from freezing when the temperature gets into the single digits, especially when the windchill falls to the negatives.
It's important to block wind from entering the underside of your home… If your pipes do freeze, but you have to report to work, you should think about turning your water off at the meter… Speaking of the water meter, Bauer told us another concern stems from the water meter freezing and breaking… If your water meter breaks, you need to call the water service provider and shut-off the water until the water company arrives.
Hear the entire 6-minute interview with Terry Bauer above this article.
Who to Call for Plumbing with Offices in Rutherford County?
- Roscoe Brown Heating, Cooling and Plumbing… 615-502-4057. Roscoe Brown has a long history locally and has been a part of the WGNS family since 1947. Their history in Murfreesboro began before WGNS first came on the air. Roscoe Brown has been serving the local community since 1940.
- Bauer Plumbing Services (Terry Bauer)… 615-445-5502
- Hiller Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical… 615-890-9228
- The Lee Company… 615-867-1000
- Murfreesboro Water Resources Department...(615) 890-0862
- Consolidated Utility District... (615) 893-7225
More WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Rutherford County DUI Numbers Go Up During Holidays – Read More
- Murfreesboro Closes on $3.26-Million Land Sale for Notes Live – Read More
- City Talks More About the Possibly Contaminated Stones River – Read More
- Mother and Boyfriend Arrested in Child Abuse Case – Read More
- Silver Alert Issued for Middle TN Man – Read More
- Murfreesboro is 3rd Fastest Growing U.S. City – Read More