(Rutherford County, TN) Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have risen 13.8 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.26/g on Monday, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. By Tuesday, the prices were down by a penny – averaging $3.25 per gallon. Prices in Tennessee are now 42.5 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand 17.9 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY GAS PRICES - In the 37128 zip code of Rutherford County, the average price for regular unleaded gas is $3.25 per gallon. For those who work closer to the Murfreesboro square in the 37130 zip code, you can expect to pay an average of $3.34 per gallon. The folks who live in the 37129 zip code have it made in the shade, with the average price per gallon ringing in at $3.26 per gallon. In the Smyrna area on Tuesday evening, the average per gallon price was $3.29. In LaVergne, $3.30 is the current average price being charged for regular unleaded gas, as of Tuesday evening.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee was priced at $2.71/g yesterday while the most expensive was $4.39/g, a difference of $1.68/g. The lowest price in the state yesterday was $2.71/g while the highest was $4.39/g, a difference of $1.68/g.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 9.7 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.48/g Tuesday. The national average is up 33.3 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 14.1 cents per gallon higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
for Jan. 30, 2023 in Tennessee and the U.S. Average:
- January 30, 2022: $3.08/g (U.S. Average: $3.34/g)
- January 30, 2021: $2.22/g (U.S. Average: $2.43/g)
- January 30, 2020: $2.22/g (U.S. Average: $2.49/g)
- January 30, 2019: $2.02/g (U.S. Average: $2.27/g)
- January 30, 2018: $2.40/g (U.S. Average: $2.59/g)
- January 30, 2017: $2.07/g (U.S. Average: $2.27/g)
- January 30, 2016: $1.61/g (U.S. Average: $1.80/g)
- January 30, 2015: $1.89/g (U.S. Average: $2.04/g)
- January 30, 2014: $3.08/g (U.S. Average: $3.27/g)
- January 30, 2013: $3.19/g (U.S. Average: $3.40/g)
Neighboring Areas Average Gas Prices:
- Chattanooga- $3.27/g, up 14.4 cents per gallon from last week's $3.13/g.
- Nashville- $3.35/g, up 18.2 cents per gallon from last week's $3.17/g.
- Huntsville- $3.26/g, up 12.9 cents per gallon from last week's $3.13/g.
DIESEL ROLLERCOASTER – The national average price of diesel has risen 5.4 cents in the last week and stood at $4.65 per gallon on Tuesday. In the Nashville Metro Area, which includes Murfreesboro, the price of diesel has taken drivers on a roller-coaster ride.
6-Months ago on July 31, 2022, the average price per gallon for diesel in the Rutherford County area was at $4.92 per gallon. By mid-to-late August, the price declined to $4.60. On August 31, 2022, the price of diesel climbed up to $4.79. The price briefly dropped again in October to $4.55 per gallon, but skyrocketed to $5.28 on November 9th. On November 13th, the price began going down to land on $4.29 by December 27th.
The price of diesel continued to hover around the $4.30 mark up until January 27, 2023 when the average price at the pump in Middle Tennessee went up to $4.50 per gallon. On Tuesday afternoon (01/31/2023), the average price of diesel landed at $4.45 per gallon in the Nashville Metro Area.