Murfreesboro, TN - A murder case that dates back to April 9th of 2020 is scheduled to head to court almost exactly 3-years later on April 26, 2023. Rutherford County District Attorney Jennings Jones explains more about what occurred in 2020… Stephen R. Lopez, Jr. who lived in Cannon County, was shot and killed while in Murfreesboro. Lopez was murdered at a residence in the 1100 block of North Rutherford Boulevard.
The criminal investigation into the death of Lopez ended with the arrest of James E. Evans, III, who was 27 at the time. Evans, who is now 30-years-old, remains behind bars at the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center. He has been in custody since his arrest on April 12, 2020.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS Headlines:
- Commentary: Being Masculine in Today’s Times
- Great Granddaughter of the 28th Tennessee Governor Passes Away in Murfreesboro
- 12-Year-Old from Murfreesboro, TN in Need of a Kidney
- New Indoor Soccer Facility in Murfreesboro to Open this Spring
- Smyrna High School Senior to Receive UT Athletic Scholarship, Despite Injuries