Gun owners from across Tennessee will meet at Cordell Hull for the fourth annual Gun Owners Lobby Day “G.O.L.D.” sponsored by Tennessee Firearms Association on March 15, 2023 to make sure the General Assembly knows where they stand on Second Amendment issues
This year Legislators have introduced 128 bills related to firearms with some of them targeting gun ownership, locations that are restricted, and exemptions from preemption for metro areas. Tennessee’s gun owners have been calling for real Constitutional Carry since Tennessee’s first permitting law was enacted in 1994.
Proponents of the Second Amendment contend that the Supreme Court's opinion last summer in the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v Bruen (“Bruen case”) further showed that Tennessee’s current laws infringe on the rights of individuals statewide.
According to the Tennessee Firearms Association’s Executive Director, John Harris, “This year should be more important than most because some Legislators are now embracing the 2nd Amendment as an absolute bar to most state regulation of 2nd Amendment rights. We have the opportunity to see changes made that are REAL in 2023 if the members of the Legislature will do what the Supreme Court mandated in Bruen.” These objectives include...
- Enacting REAL Constitutional Carry
- Eliminating government created gun-free zones
- Removing the state restrictions on “arms”
- Providing individuals with the ability to protect their homes and businesses from thieves and looters
- Prohibiting agenda-driven liberal prosecutors from prosecuting violence crime victims who lawfully defend their lives
The all day event kicks off with registration at 8:00 a.m., has guest speakers, will have attendees in groups speaking with elected officials and observing committee hearings on many 2nd Amendment bills.
Harris stated “Each year we’re working to improve the experience of G.O.L.D. for attendees that join us. Many drive from across the state, taking one or two vacation days from their work schedules, because they feel so strongly in support of the Second Amendment. We’re really excited for this years event and the changes we’ve made!”
Anyone who would like to attend G.O.L.D. can register for the event by visiting www.tennesseefirearms.com/2023-lobby-day/. The event will begin with participant check-in at 8:00 a.m. on the 8th Floor of the Cordell Hull Building at 425 Rep John Lewis Way N, Nashville.
Above Release From: TENNESSEE FIREARMS ASSOCIATION
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Missing Murfreesboro Teen Safely Located
- Commentary: Should Marijuana be Legal in Tennessee?
- What are Tennesseans Dreaming About?
- LaVergne Police Department Searching for a New Police Chief
- AAA Says Gas Prices are Climbing
- Smyrna Police Need Help Identifying Subject
- TBI: 11 Sex Trafficking Arrests and Asst. Police Chief Arrested, Non-Related