(MURFREESBORO) Spring is in the air, tulips are beautiful and blossoms on many tree are in full color. Construction crews are enjoying the seasonal change too, and that sometimes creates challenges for motorists in those areas. Murfreesboro Transportation's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran warns of places that drivers may wish to avoid between today and April 1, 2023.
City Construction Projects
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Minor Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Brinkley Rd Improvement Project (between Blaze Dr and Timber Creek Dr)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Roadway construction work continues on Brinkley Rd. Brinkley Rd will be closed Saturday, March 25 through April 2 between Willowbend Dr and Spring Cove Dr. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Medical Center Pkwy Signal Improvement at Honeylocust Ln and at Willowoak Trl
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Wednesday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: As part of private development, traffic signal improvements on the south side of Medical Center Pkwy at Honeylocust Ln and at Willowoak Trl. Westbound right-hand lane improvement continues along Medical Center Pkwy. There will be minor lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Atmos Energy Gas Line Installation Work (Bell St just west of the Bridge)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Atmos Energy crews will be performing gas line work along Bell St. Bell St will be reduced to one-lane flagging operation. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Storm Drain Replacement & Installation Work (Burton St just east of N Church St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: Contractor for City of Murfreesboro will be installing storm drains and curb and gutter on Burton St just east of N Church St. Burton St approach will be closed at N Church St. Traffic will be detoured to next block. Appropriate traffic controls and detour signs will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Osborne Ln at Hardwick St (paving and pavement markings)
- Livy Dearing Pl (decorative crosswalks)
- Bridge Ave between W Main Street and New Salem Hwy (curb and gutter and sidewalks)
- 1043 Compton Ln (concrete swale work)
- Samsonite Blvd and Bell St between Highland Ave and Crestland Ave (pavement markings)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR-266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR-102 (LM 5.0) to E. of I-840 (LM 9).
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities. Industrial Blvd will be closed for utility line crossing.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840 / I-24
On-call concrete repair
- Continuous, The exit ramp from I-840 EB to I-24 EB (Exit 53A) will be narrowed and traffic shifted to grind the riding surface
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Lane 1 and WB lane and shoulder closure for drain cleaning (MM 63-64)
Mill and Fill as Needed (pothole patching)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Various lane and shoulder closures as needed (MM 89 – 62)
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840
Pothole Patching via milling and paving
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a lane closure of lanes 1 and 2 separately on I-840 near the Wilson County Line MM 65 for milling and paving operations. 1 lane will remain open at all times.