Rutherford County, TN - Teachers are in demand right now and school systems in not only Rutherford County, but throughout the country recognize the shortage of educators. The shortage of teachers has placed a heavier load on educators when compared to years past.
Dr. Katie Schrodt, associate professor of literacy at MTSU, told WGNS about a new campaign entitled “Difference Makers.” The campaign focuses on providing additional support for teachers… Schrodt is in the Department of Elementary and Special Education in the MTSU College of Education.
Education Starts at Home - Dr. Schrodt realizes that education starts at home, which is one reason why MTSU partners with Murfreesboro and Rutherford County Schools, along with local non-profits like Read To Succeed to hold Family Literacy Nights… At the most recent event at John Pittard Elementary in Murfreesboro, over 100 families, around 275 children and their parents, showed up to take part. Hear the entire 6-minute interview / podcast above this article - below the photo.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Convicted Rapist in Rutherford Co. Receives 100-Year Prison Sentence
- New City Park to be Located in Blackman Area
- Local Police Department Mourns Loss of Lieutenant to Cancer
- Are You Eligible for FEMA Funds After March 31/April 1 Storms?
- EVENT: Earth Day This Saturday on Murfreesboro Square
- EVENT: Possibility Place to Host Bowling Event on Saturday
- EVENT: Barnabas Vision Hosting Family Event April 29th
- COMMENTARY: What is Political Correctness?
- TN Moves to 10th Least Expensive Market for Gas