RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - A Siegel High School student has received an appointment to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. This year, Madison Whitworth was one of about 18,000 students from throughout the nation who applied for one of approximately 1,100 appointments to the Naval Academy’s Class of 2027.
According to Caroline Ott, the Library Media Specialist with Siegel High School, Whitworth was chosen after a rigorous admissions process. Her appointment is equivalent to a full four-year scholarship valued at close to $430,000. While at Siegel High School, Madison was selected homecoming and prom queen by her peers, she was also the senior captain for the soccer team, the student body spirit leader and she excelled at HOSA state convention. HOSA stands for “Health Occupations Students of America,” which is an organization for future health professionals or students going into the field of health. Whitworth also participated in multiple academic clubs and in the student council at Siegel.
2023 Seniors from Siegel are set to graduate on Tuesday, May 16th at the MTSU Murphy Center. According to PublicSchoolReview.com, Siegel High ranks in the top 50 percentile of all schools in Tennessee. The high school has one of the highest graduation rates in the state, along with the highest reading / language arts proficiency ratings. There are over 1,700 students enrolled in the local Rutherford County School that sits directly off Thompson Lane in Murfreesboro. The student to teacher ratio comes in at 15 to 1.
More WGNS News Articles:
- More Details from Murfreesboro Medical Clinic after Criminal Cyber Attack
- Dig Up Your Shrubs and Flowers and Trade Them for New Ones
- Price Tag Swapping Lands One in Jail in Murfreesboro
- La Vergne Home Damaged by Fire on Wednesday Afternoon
- Franklin, TN Driver Hits 53-MPH OVER the Speed Limit
- MTSU Names 5-Metro Officers Honorary Professors - Find Out Why?
- Cripple Creek Cloggers to Perform on Monday for Free
- UPDATE: Attempted Bank Fraud Remains Under Investigation