(MURFREESBORO) Black smoke was seen in the sky from all parts of Murfreesboro around 11:30AM Thursday (5/4/2023). Heavy smoke and flames billowed from a Cason Trail home as units from Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue arrived.
Firefighters entered the burning inferno to rescue three pets, then were forced to exit the structure and aggressively attacked the fire from the exterior.
This was the home of a Murfreesboro police officer, and it sustained major damage and is uninhabitable. In adition to the structure--the police vehicle caught on fire as well.
Fortunately, there were no injuries.
Volunteers with the Heart of Tennessee Chapter of the American Red Cross are assisting the family of the officer.
Fire personnel with Engine 9, Engine 10, Rescue 11, Ladder 4, Ladder 11, Battalion Chief 1 and 2, Safety 1 and 2 assisted with the fire. Several administrative staff members also responded to the fire.
Reports at this point indicate the cause of the fire remains unknown as the Fire Marshal's office conducts an investigation.
NewsRadio WGNS thanks the professionals with Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue as well as Murfreesboro Police for keep this community safe.
More WGNS News Articles:
- More Details from Murfreesboro Medical Clinic after Criminal Cyber Attack
- Dig Up Your Shrubs and Flowers and Trade Them for New Ones
- Price Tag Swapping Lands One in Jail in Murfreesboro
- La Vergne Home Damaged by Fire on Wednesday Afternoon
- Franklin, TN Driver Hits 53-MPH OVER the Speed Limit
- MTSU Names 5-Metro Officers Honorary Professors - Find Out Why?
- Cripple Creek Cloggers to Perform on Monday for Free
- UPDATE: Attempted Bank Fraud Remains Under Investigation