(MURFREESBORO) School is out and families are traveling to SportsCom, Patterson Community Center, Discovery Center and sites around the area. That means that you'll be driving in areas that might have construction in progress. Some are definitely AVOID THEM, as you will get into stopped traffic.
Here's what Murfreesboro Transportation Deputy Director Ram Balachandran wants to make you aware of between today and June 10, 2023.
City Construction Projects
Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Minor Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Site construction work continues. Minimal traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Brinkley Rd Improvement Project (between Blaze Dr and Timber Creek Dr)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Incidental construction work continues. There will be minor traffic interruptions Monday and Tuesday at the new bridge ends. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place
Sewer Installation Work (Minerva Dr between Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Diana St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: Contractor for a private development will be installing sewer lines and manholes on Minerva Dr between Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Diana St. Traffic to and from Minerva Dr will be detoured onto Apollo Dr and S Baird Ln. Appropriate traffic controls and detour signs will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Medical Center Pkwy and GreshamPark Dr (traffic signal and paving improvements)
- Adjacent to 2300 block of Haven Dr (storm drain installation)
- Old Fort Pkwy between I-24 EB off-ramp and John Rice Blvd (shoulder improvements)
- Maple St and Chestnut St (curb & gutter and handicap ramp work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
The resurfacing on I-24 from E of Epps Mill Road through Bedford County to the Coffee County Line.
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures EB and WB for milling and paving activities. (MM 90-97)
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840
The resurfacing of I-840 from West Fork Stones River Bridge to near SR-266
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on I-840 for milling and paving operations. One lane will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities. The east side of Bridge Ave at New Salem Hwy will be closed Monday, June 5, Tuesday, June 6 & Wednesday, June 7 for sewer line installation work. Appropriate detours will be in-place.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR-266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR-102 (LM 5.0) to E. of I-840 (LM 9).
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
Milling and paving
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a partial closure of the EB off ramp to Almaville Road (Exit 70) for milling and paving operations.