This morning on the WGNS Action Line, host Bart Walker talked to Murfreesboro Mayor Shane McFarland.
- The mayor comments on TDAT's "Order of Consent" against Republic Services for not covering the landfill properly.
- Discussion of Middle Point Landfill
- Listener asked about the One East College, LLC development (old Methodist Church) and why there is no work happening?
- The Murfreesboro City Council just completed a "Community Decency Standards Act". The mayor shares some background on why the document was created, and what the council hopes to accomplish.
- Listener asked about improvements scheduled for Cannonsburgh and property along Hickerson Drive and Front Street (Cannonsburgh).
- A listener asked about raises to city employees, especially emergency responders. Will there be cost of living wage increases for retired city employees?