RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have risen 6.1 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.46/g today, according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Prices in Tennessee are 29.3 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand 4.8 cents per gallon higher than a year ago. The national average price of diesel has risen 2.1 cents in the last week and stands at $4.297 per gallon.
AAA, the Auto Club reports gas prices in Rutherford County are sitting at $3.55 per gallon, as of Monday morning (08/21/23). Regular unleaded fuel in neighboring Bedford and Coffee Counties is selling for $3.53 per gallon, while Cannon County is at $3.50 and Wilson County has an average price at the pumps of $3.48 per gallon. To the west of Murfreesboro in Williamson County, gas is $3.80 per gallon, which is again the highest price in the state. In Nashville, the average price of regular unleaded is $3.59 per gallon.
- August 21, 2022: $3.42/g (U.S. Average: $3.86/g)
- August 21, 2021: $2.81/g (U.S. Average: $3.16/g)
- August 21, 2020: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.18/g)
- August 21, 2019: $2.27/g (U.S. Average: $2.59/g)
- August 21, 2018: $2.58/g (U.S. Average: $2.82/g)
- August 21, 2017: $2.12/g (U.S. Average: $2.33/g)
- August 21, 2016: $1.94/g (U.S. Average: $2.16/g)
- August 21, 2015: $2.26/g (U.S. Average: $2.63/g)
- August 21, 2014: $3.21/g (U.S. Average: $3.43/g)
- August 21, 2013: $3.31/g (U.S. Average: $3.52/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga- $3.43/g, up 9.1 cents per gallon from last week's $3.34/g.
- Nashville- $3.60/g, up 10.0 cents per gallon from last week's $3.50/g.
- Huntsville- $3.46/g, up 6.5 cents per gallon from last week's $3.40/g.
DIESEL - In the world of diesel, the average price in Tennessee is currently at $4.13 per gallon. At this same time period last year, the average price per gallon for diesel was at $4.68. Specifically in the Nashville Metro Statistical Area, which includes Rutherford County, diesel is averaging $4.24 per gallon. Just 30-days prior, diesel was selling for $3.64 per gallon.