(MURFREESBORO) We're still enjoying a "mixed bag of weather", and that impacts construction crews as well as area roads and the impact on traffic. Murfreesboro Transportation Department's Deputy Director Ram Balachandran warns of areas to avoid between today and November 18, 2023.
City Construction Projects
Beasie Rd Extension (River Rock Blvd just north of Racquet Club Dr.
Expected Lane Closures: Monday Through Friday: Riverrock Blvd will be reduced to one-lane flagging operation at Beasie Rd for waterline installation work. Road and bridge construction work over Stones River Greenway continues. The greenway trail will be closed around the existing Beasie Rd area until further notice due to bridge construction work over the greenway trail. There will be no through trail access between the Old Fort Park and Cason Trailhead. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Elam Rd Re-Alignment Project (Joe B Jackson Pkwy just east of I-24 Interchange)
Expected No Road Closures: Monday through Friday: Contractor for a private development will be doing new road construction work along Elam Rd and Joe B Jackson Pkwy. There will be no street closures. There will be minor traffic interruptions from construction vehicles entering and exiting along Elam Rd and Joe B Jackson Pkwy. Appropriate traffic controls and will be in place.
Ramp Improvement, Lighting and Signalization Project (I-840 and Veterans Pkwy Interchange)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Incidental traffic signal and pavement marking work continues. There will be minor traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls and will be in place.
Waterline Crossing and Installation Work (Airport Rd just east of Memorial Blvd)
Expected Lane Closures: Tuesday through Friday: Contractor for a private development will be installing waterline across Airport Rd. There will be lane shifts and restrictions on Airport Rd at Memorial Blvd. Appropriate traffic controls and will be in place.
Right Turn Lane Installation Work (Greshampark Dr near Wilkinson Pike)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Contractor for a private development will be installing a right turn lane on Greshampark Dr near Wilkinson Pike. There lane closures and traffic shifts on Greshampark Dr. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Medical Center Pkwy EB between I-24 and Thompson Ln (roadway and traffic signal improvements)
- McKnight Park Rd extension off Lt. Patrick McBride Dr ( roadway construction work)
- Leaf Ave, Rose Ave, Clover Ave, Sloan Ave (Leaf Ave to Palmer Dr), Palmer Dr and Boston St (Palmer Dr to MTB) and Harrison Ave (milling work)
- Second Ave and Old Lascassas Rd (sidewalk repair work)
- Cason Trl and Saint Andrews Dr (pavement marking work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840
The resurfacing of I-840 from the West Fork Stones River Bridge to near Exit 61
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on I-840 for pavement markings.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 96
The resurfacing on SR-96 from Compton Road (16.73) to Cainsville Pike (20.50)
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be flagging operations for resurfacing activites.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
- Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on Middle TN Blvd for waterline installation.
- 11/15, W Main St will be closed at SR-99 for grading work.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR-266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR-102 (LM 5.0) to E. of I-840 (LM 9).
- Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.